Monday, February 4, 2008

Our New 1st Presidency


Today we had the privledge to watch the news conferance from Salt Lake, about the announcement of our new First Presidency. I have been praying in the recent days that when the announcement came out that the Spirit affirm to me that this was God's will. As I watched, almost as anxious to hear about Pres. Monsons Councilors, as I was to hear the official word that he would be the Prophet. The Spirit did reassure to me that this is God's will, that these three men are called of God at this time to lead us and guide us as we continue on in this era of life. It was most exciting to learn that Elder Uchtdorf would serve as one of his councilors. I was surprised, but am most grateful for that testifing spirit that overwhelmed my heart as I listened to these three great men address us. We are so fortunate to have this gospel in our lives, to be able to have modern day prophets that I know have the true Priesthood of God, and are in direct communication with him and the savior continuosly to be our guiding lights.

1 comments:

stephanie said...

hi norton family! i came across your blog tonight, i didnt realize how many boys you have!! you pretty much have your own football team(i love all of their names btw) well i just had to leave a comment, we will check on you again because im sure talon will enjoy seeing his friends! stephanie hatch