Monday, May 11, 2009

Proud Parents...

My kids attend Noah Webster Basic School. They offer a special program at school called the character counts program that teaches the children lots of valuable lessons on personal character. Each year someone from each grade gets picked by the students in there grade level to attend and represent that grade and this year Kaden got picked to go We are proud of him for the way he is and the attitude that he has to be a good person. Then later in the school year Tristen came home and said he was getting a special award at the assembly at school so I went down to watch them present his award. I did not know what the award was but when I found out it was the character counts award for the year I was very proud of him also. This student is also picked by his classmates and teachers in the 5th grade. The students were asked why he should get the award and these are the things they said -He is a good friend that never lies. - He is responsible and always willing to help. - He respects the classroom rules, and he never gets in trouble.- He makes everyone feel welcome, and includes everyone in his games. - He always turns in his work.

And then his teacher had this to say. Tristen is a dedicated student who never allows himself to get behind on his work. He always strives to do his best. The fact that his peers nominated him for this award shows how truly wonderful a person he is. He demonstrates his character both inside and outside the classroom. I'm glad that I had the opportunity to share the classroom with him. I was so proud of him that day and proud of Kaden for getting to go to the character counts activity day. They are good boys. And I am so proud of them for the character that they display.

0 comments: