Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Bitter Sweet Day

Well we woke up the morning of May 5th 2010 to take Holden to the airport. We had are last Family prayer with him for 2 years that morning. Then we loaded in the car and drove away from the house , I always take a picture of all my boys in the car when ever we head out on a trip. I think we were all so somber in our thoughts and feelings that day and very emotional at what was to come later that day. We arrived at the airport early got all checked in and went to spend time with family till he had to go through security . He had not ever flown by himself so in my heart I kept praying that their would be more Elders flying to Dallas airport with him, about 35 min. later we saw another Elder that was flying with him so they were not alone they had each other. When they arrived in Dallas they met up with 16 Elders and 2 Sisters who were all flying to Sao Paulo Brazil to enter the MTC together. I was so in awe when i saw the picture of all the missionaries on the same plane. I could not even begin to understand the wonderful spirit that was most likely on the flight with all those missionaries going out to do such a great and marvelous work in Brazil. I was so thankful for all the feelings that I felt in one day. I was Scared and sad and worried but in that moment I think I got a quick meaning of what the saying Bitter Sweet meant. My Heart was truly broke but on the other hand my heart was full of so much joy and gratitude for a son that was worthy and had prepared for this great work his whole life. It has now been one month and we still miss him each day but it gets easier as we hear from him and about the love he has for our Savior .

We all went up on the roof so we could watch his plane take off.

And there he goes, up up and away, off to Brazil!!!


0 comments: